Friday 11 September 2009

Settling In




Now that I have broadband, phone and TV, I feel as if I'm part of the world again. The majority of the challenges of paperasserie are behind me. Having unpacked and succeeded in fitting everything in to the apartment, I feel good in my space. Now it's a matter of adjusting my sleeping patterns to fit in with the night life of the street!

The photos are of my new geraniums, that I had made up and delivered by a garden centre, and the view from my kitchen. Also some unusual flowers I saw in the Jardin de Luxembourg this afternoon, in the place where crocuses bloom in Spring. One of the charms of Paris is the incidental friendly conversations that arise, like the one today when I was taking this photo and a woman stopped to discuss how strange it was that these flowers look like Spring flowers, but here they are bursting out at the end of Summer: a beautiful surprise, as she said. We agreed their shape reminds us of waterlilies, but neither of us has seen them before.

I must allocate time to learn about layout of this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment